King Alfonso ‘el Sabio’ is well known for the Cantigas de Santa Maria, which were collected under his patronage in the mid-13th century. In addition to these popular Marian miracle-stories and praise-songs, which were sung at his court, this programme shows another side of the polyglot artistic life under a ruler whose tolerance towards Jews and Muslims is known to us today: performances of Andalusian kharjas and a major work by the late trobador Guiraut Riquier, living in self-imposed exile in. Castile
Vox Iberica III: El Sabio. DHM Deutsche Harmonia Mundi 77173.
Vox Iberica I: Donnersöhne (Sons Of Thunder) - Music For St. James The Apostle, Codex Calixtinus, Santiago de Compostela, 12th Century.
More albums from Sequentia (2): Vox Iberica III – El Sabio by Sequentia (2). School Of Notre Dame by Sequentia (2). Voice Of The Blood by Sequentia (2). Motets & Chansons by Sequentia (2). Chant Wars by Sequentia (2. 1. O Vis Aeternitatis. 2. Nunc Aperuit Nobis. 3. Quia Ergo Femina Mortem Instruxit. 4. Cum Processit Factura Digiti Dei. 5. Alma Redemptoris Mater.
Sequentia focuses particularly on music with texts, specifically chants and other stories with music, such as the Icelandic Edda. They are interested in the interplay between drama and music, and sometimes do partially staged performances, such as that of Hildegard of Bingen's Ordo Virtutum. Vox Iberica: I: Sons of Thunder. Music for St. James the apostle. Codex Calixtinus, 12th century (1992). II: Codex Las Huelgas (1992). Songs for King Alfonso X of Castile and Léon (1991).
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Vox Iberica I: Donnersohne Sons Of Thunder (1992) by Sequentia. This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Vox Iberica I: Donnersohne Sons of Thunder. Vox nostra resonet (3x2 voices).
Other Sequentia Products. Sequentia - Shining Light: Sequentia Music From Aquitanian. Sequentia - Aquitania Weihnachtsmusik Aus Aquitanischen Klostern Christm.
Iberica - Lynx Djyn – Iberica (Original Mix) - dj-djyn. Sequentia - Vox Iberica II Rex obiit et labitur Castelle gloria. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Banda Iberica & Martin Domingo El Gato Montes (Original Mix) (Original Mix).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Songs For King Alfonso X (The Learned) Of Castille And León (1221 - 1284)|
|1||Por Nos, Virgen Madre (CSM 250)||2:07|
|2||Como O Nome Da Virgen (CSM 194)||5:08|
|3||Sobelos Fondos Do Mar (CSM 193)||8:20|
|4||Nenbre-sse-te, Madre De Deus, Maria (CSM 421)||2:36|
|5||Dized', Ai Trobadores (CSM 260)||1:06|
|6||Maldito Seja Quen Non Loara (CSM 290)||3:37|
|7||Quantos Me Creveren Loaran (CSM 120)||3:03|
|8||Quen Boa Dona Querra (CSM 160)||6:00|
|9||Pero Que Seja A Gente (CSM 181)||6:45|
|10||Humils, Forfaitz, Repres E Penedens
Composed By – Guiraut Riquier
|11||Santa Maria, Strela Do Dia (CSM 100)||3:03|
|12||Pois Que Deus Quis Da Virgen (CSM 38)||8:55|
|13||Macar Poucos Cantares Acabei E Con Son (CSM 401)||6:05|
|Kharjas In The Andalusian Style (Anon., 13th Century)|
|14||A.) Que Faray, Mamma?||1:20|
|15||B.) Meu Sidi Ibrahim||2:32|
|16||C.) Gar Si Yes Devina||1:11|
|17||D.) Garid Vos Ay Yermanellas||2:11|
|18||En Todo Logar A Poder (CSM 168)||4:11|
- Marketed By – BMG Ariola
- Distributed By – BMG Ariola
- Distributed By – BMG Records
- Recorded At – St Germanus Church, Seewen
- Composed By – Anonymous (tracks: 14 to 17)
- Composed By [Attributed To] – Alfonso X El Sabio (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 13, 18)
- Directed By, Vocals, Harp, Lute, Liner Notes – Benjamin Bagby
- Directed By, Vocals, Liner Notes – Barbara Thornton
- Edited By – Dietrich Wohlfromm
- Ensemble – Sequentia Ensemble For Medieval Music*
- Fiddle, Rebab – Rainer Ullreich
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Kathleen Kulp-Hill
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Mariette Muller*
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Clive Williams , Cristina Althoff
- Liner Notes [Italian Translation] – Wigand & Wigand
- Liner Notes [Redaktion/editing] – Dr. Jens Markowsky
- Producer – Klaus L Neumann*
- Recorded By – Barbara Valentin
- Vocals – Bernhard Schneider, Consuelo Sañudo, Cornelia Melián, Debra Gomez , Elizabeth Glen, Susanne Norin*, Raimund Nolte, Stephen Grant
- Vocals, Hurdy Gurdy [Symphonia, Organistrum] – Eric Mentzel
NotesTotal time 77:35.
Recorded 11-14 February 1991 in Seewen, St Germanus, Switzerland.
CSM = Cantigas de Santa Maria.
Front illustration: Miniatures from Las Cantigas de Santa Maria El Escorial, Ms. T.I.1, fol. 145 & 170.
© + ℗ 1992 harmonia mundi BMG Music
Made in Germany
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 54727 71732 1
- Other (SPARS Code): DDD
- Label Code: LC0761
|ORF027||Sequentia||Vox Iberica III - El Sabio (CD, Album, Promo)||Deutsche Harmonia Mundi||ORF027||Italy||1992|