Maggie Sansone has emerged over the last few years as one of the premier interpreters of traditional Celtic music. On Mist and Stone, her flowing hammer dulcimer is supported by a wide variety of instruments including concertina, pennywhistle, harp, guitar, cittern and violin, adding rich texture to the windswept beauty of this music. Most of the tunes come from Ireland and Scotland, with one piece each from the Isle of Man and Galicia, a region in northwest Spain.
Exclusive Prime pricing. those lucky to study with her and those lucky to see her quick wit and musical talent in person are struck by.
Maggie Sansone - Foggy Dew 04:22. Maggie Sansone - The Halting March - Knocknagow Jig 05:09. Maggie Sansone - Captain O'Kane - Down The Brae 07:25. Maggie Sansone - Bag O' Spuds, Sailor's Return 04:15. Maggie Sansone - Galician Waltz 05:20. Maggie Sansone - Mackinnon Brook, The Macdonald's March 04:22. Maggie Sansone - The Black Mare Of Fanad, Boil Breakfast Early 03:50. Maggie Sansone - Mist Covered Mountains Of Home 06:00. Maggie Sansone - Mist Covered Mountains of Home 06:02. Maggie Sansone - Jezebel Carol - Avenging The Bright 05:02.
The Mist Covered Mountains of Home. The Mist Covered Mountains of Home Maggie Sansone.
Profile: American hammered dulcimer player and recording artist.
|A3||The Halting March/Knocknagow Jig||5:05|
|A4||Captain O'Kane/Down The Brae||7:18|
|A5||Killarney Boys Of Pleasure/Bag Of Spuds/The Sailor's Return||4:10|
|B1||MacKinnon Brook/The MacDonald's March||4:20|
|B2||The Black Mare Of Fanad/Boil The Breakfast Early||3:46|
|B3||The Mist Covered Mountains Of Home||5:54|
|B4||Jezebel Carol/Avenging And Bright||4:56|
|B5||Down By The Sally Gardens||2:47|
|B6||Maid At The Spinning Wheel/The Ballykeal Jig||2:34|
|B7||New Rigged Ship/Shelder Geo/Sleep Soond Ida Moarnin'||3:21|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Maggie Sansone
- Copyright (c) – Maggie Sansone
- Recorded At – Inner Ear Studios
- Engineered At – Inner Ear Studios
- Arranged By, Dulcimer [Hammered Dulcimer], Mixed By, Producer – Maggie Sansone
- Bodhrán – Myron Bretholz
- Dulcimer [Hammered Dulcimer] – Sam Rizzetta
- Guitar, Cittern, Violin, Mandolin, Bass, Synthesizer, Mixed By [Assistant] – Robin Bullock
- Harp [Celtic Harp] – Sue Richards
- Photography By, Artwork [Cover], Illustration, Layout, Design – Ben Crenshaw
- Recorded By, Engineer – Don Zientara
- Tin Whistle [Pennywhistle], Concertina, Accordion [Accordian] – Wendy Morrison
- Viol [Viola Da Gamba] – Carolyn Surrick
NotesCeltic tunes from Ireland, Scotland, the Isle of Man, and Galicia performed on hammered dulcimer with other traditional instruments creating a variety of textures and moods, at times evocative and haunting, exploring the rich and varied kingdoms of an ancient past.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 095182010640
|MMCD 106||Maggie Sansone||Mist & Stone (CD, Album)||Maggie's Music||MMCD 106||US||1990|
|MMCD 106||Maggie Sansone||Mist & Stone (CD, Album, RP)||Maggie's Music||MMCD 106||US||1991|