The Harder They Come is the soundtrack album to the film of the same name, released in 1972 in the United Kingdom as Island Records ILPS 9202. It was issued in February 1973 in North America as Mango Records SMAS-7400. It peaked at on the Billboard 200. The heart of the soundtrack comes from performances by the film's star, reggae singer Jimmy Cliff. Only the title track "The Harder They Come" was recorded by Cliff specifically for the soundtrack, with three earlier songs by Cliff added
Arranged By – Bobby Dixon, G. Grizzle, L. Pinnock. Blue Mountain Records.
Album · 1992 · 10 Songs. 3. Hotter Mr. Pinchers. Send Another One Come. 10. Harder They Come.
The Harder They Come" is a reggae song by the Jamaican singer Jimmy Cliff. It was first recorded for the soundtrack of the 1972 movie of the same name, in which it is supposed to have been written by the film's main character, Ivanhoe Martin. The Harder They Come" has been covered by many artists and was ranked number 350 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of "500 Greatest Songs of All Time".
|A||–Pinchers||Harder They Come|
|B||–Steelie & Cleevie*||Things A Gwaan (Version)|
- Produced For – Digital B Music Ltd.
- Distributed By – Dynamic Sounds Recording Co. Ltd.
- Pressed By – Dynamic Sounds Recording Co. Ltd.
- Mastered By – Geovanni
- Producer – B. Dixon (Bobby Digital)*
NotesRhythm: Things A Gwaan
Side B is only titled Version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): DSR 11571 - ..COME - GEOVANNI
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): DSR B SIDE - 10412 - VERSION - GEOVANNI