Spirit of Place is the first studio album by Australian folk-rock band Goanna. It was originally released in November 1982, it peaked at No. 2 on the Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart and appeared on the US Billboard 200. Spirit of Place was the first charting rock record to feature the didgeridoo. The didgeridoo is particularly prominent on "Solid Rock", which was a No. 3 hit on the Kent Music Report Singles Chart in October.
Spirit Of Place (LP, Album).
By: Goanna (1982, Rock). More albums from Goanna: Oceania by Goanna. View all albums . About.
BPM Profile Spirit of Place. Album starts at 129BPM, ends at 156BPM (+27), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Goanna. Get the Tempo of more than 6 Million songs.
Band Name The Album Leaf. Album Name In a Safe Place. Data de aparición 22 Junio 2004. Estilo MusicalPost-Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum2. 3. On Your Way. 4. Twentytwofourteen.
Band Name Bow Wow. Album Name Another Place. Wydawcy Self-Released. Styl muzycznyHeavy Metal. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album4. 1. Where Do We Go? 2. You by My Side. I'm Waiting for You. 5. The Lies in Your Eyes.
Band's List New-Wave Anne Clark Changing Place. Band Name Anne Clark. Album Name Changing Place. Labels Virgin Records Red Flame. Members owning this album0. 2. Sleeper in Metropolis.
Goanna is the name used to refer to any number of Australian monitor lizards of the genus Varanus, as well as to certain species from Southeast Asia. Spirit of Place Album.
Spirit of Place (album). Spirit of Place is the first full-length album by Australian folk-rock band Goanna. The album was also heavy.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Electric Piano [CP70] – Roslyn Bygrave*Vocals – Marcia Howard
|A2||Solid Rock (Sacred Ground)
Arranged By [Strings Arrangement] – Peter Jones Didgeridoo – Billy Inda
Electric Guitar [Guest Soloist (Electric Guitar)] – Ross HannafordElectric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Roslyn Bygrave*Harmony Vocals – Ross Wilson
|A4||Scenes (From An Occasional Window)
Piano [Acoustic] – Roslyn Bygrave*
|B1||Stand Yr' Ground
Acoustic Guitar – Peter CoughlanHarmony Vocals – Shane Howard Saxophone – Joe CamilleriVocals – Roslyn Bygrave*
Organ [Hammond Organ] – Michael O'Connor*Percussion – Robert RossPiano – Roslyn Bygrave*
|B3||On The Platform
Arranged By [Strings Arrangement] – Peter Jones Vocals, Piano [Acoustic Grand Piano] – Roslyn Bygrave*Written-By – Roslyn Bygrave*
|C1||Four Weeks Gone
Harmony Vocals – Judi KenneallyKeyboards – Roslyn Bygrave*
Harmony Vocals – The Nestles Canteen Gentlemen's ChorusSlide Guitar – Graham Davidge
|C3||Children Of The Southern Land
Electric Piano [CP70 Piano] – Roslyn Bygrave*
|D1||On The Platform (Reprise - Instrumental)|
|D2||How Far Down|
|D3||Shadow Of Your Love|
- Manufactured By – WEA Records Pty. Limited
- Distributed By – WEA Records Pty. Limited
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA Records Pty. Limited
- Copyright (c) – WEA Records Pty. Limited
- Published By – Uluru Music
- Recorded At – Rhinoceros Studios
- Recorded At – AAV
- Recorded At – Allan Eaton Studios
- Recorded At – Platinum Studios, Melbourne
- Mixed At – AAV
- Mixed At – Allan Eaton Studios
- Acoustic Guitar – Shane Howard (tracks: A3, A4, B3 to B5), Trevor Lucas (tracks: A3, B1, B4)
- Bass – Peter Coughlan (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3 to B5)
- Drums – Robbie Ross* (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3 to B5)
- Electric Guitar – Graham Davidge (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1 to B5), Shane Howard (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B1, B5), Warrick Harwood (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3 to B5)
- Harmony Vocals – Ian Morrison (tracks: A3, A4, B2, B4), Marcia Howard (tracks: A2 to A5, B1, B3, B5), Roslyn Bygrave* (tracks: A2 to A4, B1, B3, B5)
- Liner Notes – Manning Clark
- Mastered By – Δ
- Organ [Hammond Organ] – Mick 'The Reverend' O'Connor* (tracks: A5, B5)
- Producer [Produced By] – Trevor Lucas
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tony Buettel
- Synthesizer – Roslyn Bygrave* (tracks: A2, A4, B5)
- Vocals – Shane Howard (tracks: A1 to A4, B1, B3 to B5)
- Written-By – Ian Morrison (tracks: A3), S. Howard* (tracks: A1 to B1, B3 to B5)
NotesLimited Double 2LP Orange Vinyl Reissue + Bonus Tracks, reissue of original 1982 release.
Recorded at Rhinoceros Studios in Sydney, Allan Eaton Sound in Melbourne, Platinum Productions in Melbourne and AAV Australia in Melbourne between March and June 1982.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5054197905216
|600127||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album, Gat)||WEA||600127||Australia||1982|
|600127-2, OMCD1218||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (CD, Album, RE)||WEA, WEA||600127-2, OMCD1218||Australia||Unknown|
|WIC 5055||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album)||WEA||WIC 5055||South Africa||1982|
|600127-2, 600127.2||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (CD, Album, RP)||WEA, WEA||600127-2, 600127.2||Australia||1987|
|P-11364||Goanna||Spirit Of Place (LP, Album)||WEA||P-11364||Japan||1983|