The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness download mp3 album
Although the artistic scope of the album is immense, the Smashing Pumpkins flourish in such an overblown setting. Corgan's songwriting has never been limited by conventional notions of what a rock band can do, even if it is clear that he draws inspiration from scores of '70s heavy metal and art rock bands
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is the third studio album by American alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins, released on October 23, 1995 in the United Kingdom and a day later in the United States on Virgin Records.
Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Remastered). Take the first song "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. A gorgeous piano song that perfectly opens the album. I find this song to be complimentary to the next song "Tonight, Tonight.
Billy responded that the song was called ‘Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’. This version is in a different key and has a wildly different, full-band arrangement. Some time after moving into his Victorian house in Chicago, Billy re-arranged the song for piano
The Smashing Pumpkins’ sophomore release, Siamese Dream, brokered the Chicago rockers’ commercial breakthrough, but also showed they’d moved well beyond the limitations imposed by grunge. However, while Siamese Dream was undeniably a pivotal record, it merely hinted at what the band would go on to achieve with their epic third album, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness. Simply put, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness was Billy Corgan and company’s magnum opus. Even with al. ock at its mid-90s height, Corgan understood that Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness needed widespread airplay to impact globally, so he ensured the album also included some of his band’s tastiest singles.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Dawn To Dusk|
|1-1||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness||2:51|
Arranged By [Strings] – Audrey Riley, Billy Corgan
|1-5||Here Is No Why||3:44|
|1-6||Bullet With Butterfly Wings||4:16|
|1-8||An Ode To No One||4:49|
|1-10||Cupid De Locke||2:49|
|1-13||Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans||9:20|
|1-14||Take Me Down
Pedal Steel Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar – Greg LeiszProducer [Additional], Mixed By, Written-By – James Iha
|Twilight To Starlight|
|2-1||Where Boys Fear To Tread||4:21|
|2-4||In The Arms Of Sleep||4:11|
|2-6||Tales Of A Scorched Earth||3:45|
|2-7||Thru The Eyes Of Ruby||7:37|
|2-10||We Only Come Out At Night||4:04|
|2-12||Lily (My One And Only)||3:30|
|2-14||Farewell And Goodnight
Producer [Additional], Mixed By, Written-By – James Iha
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records America, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records America, Inc.
- Recorded At – Pumpkinland
- Recorded At – Sadlands
- Recorded At – Bugg Studios
- Recorded At – Chicago Recording Company
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Mixed At – The Village Recorder
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Songs
- Copyright (c) – Cinderful Music
- Copyright (c) – Cellophane Star Music
- A&R – Mark Williams
- Art Direction, Design – Billy Corgan, Frank Olinsky
- Illustration – John Craig
- Management – Coffer/Gershon Management
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By – Alan Moulder, Billy Corgan (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-13), Flood
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Barry "Sounds Like Gold" Goldberg*
- Performer – Billy Corgan, D'Arcy, James Iha, Jimmy Chamberlin
- Photography By – Andrea Giacobbe
- Producer – Alan Moulder, Billy Corgan, Flood
- Recorded By – Alan Moulder, Billy Corgan, Chris Shepard, Flood, James Iha
- Recorded By [Additional Vocals] – Barry Goldberg
- Recorded By [Assistance] – Claudine Pontier
- Recorded By [Strings Assistance] – Dave Kresl
- Technician [Technical Assistance; Digidesign] – Adam Green
- Technician [Technical Assistance; Guitar] – Dave Mannet
- Technician [Technical Assistance] – Jeff Moleski, Roger Carpenter, Russ Spice, Gooch*
- Written-By – Billy Corgan (tracks: 1-1 to 1-13, 2-1 to 2-14)
NotesRecorded March–August 1995
"Explosion from DOOM courtesy of id Software, Inc and Bobby Prince Music".
Includes an 8-page booklet with artwork and photos of the band and a 34-page booklet with lyrics.
Manufacturing variation: 32-page lyric book with brown cover and black & white pages. Many of the pages are duplicate and out of order.
Some copies of this release were distributed as promos and include promotional silkscreens over the artwork on both discs.
Made in UK (Discs)
Printed in Holland (Back cover).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24384 08642 8
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Price Code: F: PM503
- Other (Back cover, CD & Booklet): 7243 8 40864 2 8
- Other: I: 104
- Other (Disc 1): 7243 8 40864 2 6
- Other (Disc 2): 7243 8 40864 2 7
- Rights Society: bel/BIEM
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): 840866 2 . 2:7:5. EMI SWINDON
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): 840866 2 . 2:1:22: EMI SWINDON
- Mould SID Code (Disc 1): ifpi 1427.
- Mould SID Code (Disc 2): ifpi 1438
- Mastering SID Code: none
|7243 8 40861 2 1||The Smashing Pumpkins||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2xCD, Album)||Virgin||7243 8 40861 2 1||US||1995|
|5099997852421||The Smashing Pumpkins||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Box + 2xCD, Album, RE, RM + 3xCD, Comp + DVD-V)||Virgin||5099997852421||US||2012|
|7243 8 40861 2 1||The Smashing Pumpkins||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2xCD, Album, RE)||Virgin Records America, Inc.||7243 8 40861 2 1||US||Unknown|
|7243 8 40861 4 5||The Smashing Pumpkins||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2xCass, Album, Sli)||Virgin||7243 8 40861 4 5||US||1995|
|7243 8 40864 2 8, CDHUTD 30||The Smashing Pumpkins||Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2xCD, Album, RP)||Virgin, Hut Recordings||7243 8 40864 2 8, CDHUTD 30||UK & Europe||Unknown|