Tap Root Manuscript is the sixth studio album by Neil Diamond, released in 1970. It was one of the most experimental albums he ever recorded, featuring prominent African sounds and instruments. The album ended up being a commercial success, with a string of top 40 hits
Album by Neil Diamond. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother. MusicBrainz: Tap Root Manuscript.
Neil diamond - tap root manuscript (full album).
Tap Root Manuscript Original recording. Neil Diamond Format: Vinyl. This album is Neil's best work. It is an original piece of work. A result of his genius creativity. His break from straight pop rock to a mix of African music was very refreshing to me. I believe this album was also inspiring to other artists expanding what sells records formula music. To what type music would I like to try. I dont know if it was a large selling album hitting the record producers ide of success. But it made a statement.
ease/3791496 except that the catalog number is printed on the front cover, and there is nothing printed inside the gatefold. Matrix, Runout: US 1184 T3.
|A4||Done Too Soon|
|A5||He Ain't Heavy... He's My Brother|
|B2||I Am The Lion|
- Printed By – Radio Corporation Pty. Ltd.
- Instruments – Alvin Casey, Andrea Kostelas*, Armand Kaproff, Arthur Butler*, Assa Drori, Benjiman Barrett*, A.D. Brisbois*, David Burk, David Cohen, Dick Hyde, Donald Menza*, Don Peake, Don Randi, Earl C. Palmer Sr.*, Emil Radocchia, Erno Neufeld, Gareth Nuttycombe, Gary Coleman, Gene Estes, George C. Poole*, George Roberts, Hal Blaine, Harry Betts, Harry Bluestone, Harvey J. Newmark*, Henry Roth, Henry Sigismonti, Israel Baker, Jack Shulman, Jim Arkatov*, James Getzoff, Jan R. Kelley*, Jay Migliori, Jesse Ehrlich, Joe Osborn, Joseph Estren, Joseph Saxon, Larry Bunker, Lawrence W. Knechtel*, Larry Muhoberac, Leo Holdridge*, Lee Shamburger, Lou Klaes*, Louie Shelton, Martin Paitch*, Myron Sandler, Nathan Ross, Nathaniel Rosen, Neil Levang, Oliver Mitchell*, Paul Bergstrom, Paul Hubinon, Paul Shure, Randy Cierley*, Raymond J. Kelley*, M.R. Pohlman*, Orville Rhodes*, Roger Bobo, Ronald Langinger, Roy V. Caton*, Sandra Crouch, Shirley Marcus, Sidney Sharp, Thomas Scott*, Anthony Terran*
- Vocals – Alexander Hale, Aubrey Porter, Bill Lee , Billie Barnum, Christopher Hale, Clydie King, Dean Porter, Donald Wyatt*, Douglas Schwartz, Dwayne Moody, Ed Wallace, Ekundayo Paris, Evelyn Meyer, Fred Burton, George Bledsoe, Graynston Hale, Gwen Johnson, H.B. Barnum Jr.*, Jean Sewell, Jessie Kirkland*, Joe Greene, John Woodson, Kevin Parker, Lewis Johnson*, Mabel Bishop, Marjorie Cranford, Matthews Muhoberac, Mary Clayton*, Molly Halloran, Nancy Adams, Oma Drake, Phillip Whigham, Ricky Porter*, Sean Engerman, Shirlee Matthews*, Sherill Atwood*, Stacey Johnson*
NotesAustralian edition with blue labels with black band and centre prism design
Gatefold with record opening in centre of gatefold.
On labels "Tap Root Manuscript" is centred and presented on two lines (Tap / Root Manuscript)
Licensed by MCA Records International. A Division of MCA Inc., New York, U.S.A. on label perimeter
"Also playable Mono" on back cover
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: MAP/S-3974-A3 fh
- Matrix / Runout: MAP/S-3974-B3 fh
|73092||Neil Diamond||Tap Root Manuscript (LP, Album)||UNI Records||73092||US||1970|
|MAPS 3974||Neil Diamond||Tap Root Manuscript (LP, Album, RP, Gat)||MCA Records||MAPS 3974||Australia||Unknown|
|MCAD-31071||Neil Diamond||Tap Root Manuscript (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-31071||US||Unknown|
|MCA-2013, MCA 2013||Neil Diamond||Tap Root Manuscript (LP, Album, RM)||MCA Records, MCA Records||MCA-2013, MCA 2013||US||1980|
|S 201 375, MAPS 3974||Neil Diamond||Tap Root Manuscript (LP, Album, RE)||MCA Records, MCA Records||S 201 375, MAPS 3974||Germany||Unknown|