Fandango is a studio album by American musician Herb Alpert released on A&M Records in April 1982 with catalog number SP-3731.
Challenged and fired up by some new Mexican colleagues, Herb Alpert set out to make a record specifically for the Latin American market and ended up producing a masterpiece - the equal of the best Tijuana Brass albums, and in some ways maybe better than any of them. More importantly, with the help of co-producer Jose Quintana, Alpert lined up some incredibly beautiful material from.
This album is for yo. Herb Alpert. Thanks to Abraham Laboriel for introducing me to a wonderful new friend and fabulous producer, José Quintana. Matrix, Runout (Label, Side 1): (SP-03731-A). Matrix, Runout (Label, Side 2): (SP-03731-B). Fandango (LP, Album).
His acclaimed album, Fandango, found Alpert returning to Mexican and Latin American sounds and rhythms, but with a modern sound. The result was one of the most acclaimed albums of his career, remaining on the Billboard Top Albums chart for half a year, and featuring the Top 40 hit 'Route 10. Track Listings. Disc: 1. 1. Fandango. 3 people found this helpful.
Thanks to snobb for the updates. Fandango Shout Factory 2013. Fandango Herb Alpert Presents 2016. Herb Alpert - Fandango - A&M Records - AMLK 63731, A&M Records - SP 3731 A&M Records.
5. Quiéreme Tal Como Soy. 6. Route 101. 11. Latin Medley (Frenesi, Bahía.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
Arranged By – Bill CuomoBacking Vocals – José QuintanaWritten-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
|A3||Push And Pull
Arranged By – Michel ColombierMarimba – Julius WechterWritten-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
Arranged By – Eduardo MagallanesVocoder – Herb AlpertWritten-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
|A5||Quiereme Tal Como Soy (Love Me The Way I Am)
Arranged By – Michel Colombier, Rafael Perez-Botija*Lead Vocals – Herb AlpertWritten-By – Rafael Perez-Botija*
Backing Vocals – Darlene Kolden-Hoven*, Herb Alpert, Marie Cain, Mary HylanSynthesizer – Greg MathiesonWritten-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
|B2||Coco Loco (La Guajira)
Arranged By – Bill CuomoWritten-By – Diego Verdaguer
Arranged By, Written-By, Keyboards – Eduardo MagallanesHorns [Horn Section] – Carlos Macias, Guillermo Espinosa
Written-By – Juan Carlos Calderon*
Arranged By – Herb Alpert, José QuintanaDrums – Ralph HumphreyKeyboards, Synthesizer – Greg MathiesonPercussion – Laudir DeOlivera*Written-By – Erasmas Carlos*, Roberto Carlos
|B6||Latin Medley (Frenesi, Bahia, Moliendo Cafe, Porompompero)
Backing Vocals – Darlene Kolden-Hoven*, Marie Cain, Mary HylanKeyboards – Juan Carlos Calderon*Marimba – Julius WechterWritten-By – Dominguez*, Barroso*, Ochaita*, Manzo*, Solano*, Valerio*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – CBS Studios, Mexico City
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Studio Sound Recorders
- Mixed At – A&M Studios
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Arranged By – Juan Carlos Calderon* (tracks: A1, B1, B4, B6)
- Art Direction – Ayeroff & Beeson
- Bass – Abraham Laboriel (tracks: A1, B4 to B6), "Ready" Freddy Washington* (tracks: A3, A5, B1), Victor Ruiz Pazos (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B3)
- Cover [Design] – Elizabeth Paul
- Drums – Carlos Vega (tracks: A1 to B4, B6)
- Engineer – Howard Lee Wolen
- Engineer [Additional] – Bryan Stott, Don Hahn, John Beverly Jones, Steve Katz
- Engineer [Assistant] – Benny Faccone
- Guitar – Abraham Laboriel (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B5, B6), Carlos Rios (tracks: A3, B1, B4, B6), Miguel Peña (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B3), Tim May (tracks: A3, A5, B1, B6)
- Harp – Gayle Levant (tracks: A3, A5, B3)
- Keyboards – Bill Cuomo (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B4), Michel Colombier (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B3, B5, B6)
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Percussion – Paulinho DaCosta* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B2, B4, B6)
- Photography By – Richard Avedon
- Producer – Herb Alpert, José Quintana
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Lisa Marie
- Remix – Bryan Stott
- Strings – Gary Gertzweig's String Section
- Synthesizer – Bill Cuomo (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B2 to B4, B6), Michel Colombier (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B5)
- Trumpet [All Trumpets Played By] – Herb Alpert
NotesColumbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute pressing denoted by "Y" plant code on labels.
© 1982 A&M Records, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
℗ 1982 A&M Records, Inc.
Recorded at CBS Recording Studios, Mexico City, A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Mixed in Studio "A" at A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Additional recording at Studio Sound Recorders, North Hollywood, CA.
Mastered at A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7502-13731-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side 1): SP-03731-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side 2): SP-03731-B
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Pressing Plant ID (On labels): Y
|SP-3731||Herb Alpert||Fandango (LP, Album, X -)||A&M Records||SP-3731||US||1982|
|SP 3731||Herb Alpert||Fandango (LP, Album)||A&M Records||SP 3731||Canada||1982|
|CAM 63731||Herb Alpert||Fandango (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||CAM 63731||Italy||1982|
|1006537||Herb Alpert||Fandango (LP, Album)||A&M Records||1006537||Costa Rica||1982|
|AMLS-48.054||Herb Alpert||Fandango (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLS-48.054||Mexico||1982|