Tracks 8-11: Recorded live on January 31, 1970, at Freddie Jett's Pied Piper Club, Los Angeles, California.
Confessin' the Blues. Artist: Esther Phillips. Album: Confessin' the Blues, 1987.
In 1999, Collectables released Burnin'/Confessin' the Blues, which contained two complete albums - Burnin' (1970, originally released on Atlantic) and Confessin' the Blues (1976, originally released on Atlantic) - by Esther Phillips on one compact disc.
Confessin' The Blues is a jazz related blues music album recording by ESTHER PHILLIPS released in 1976 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Burnin, Confessin the Blues Collectables 1999.
Request an album send to friend. Confessin' The Blues (1976). Esther Phillips - Confessin' The Blues. Bitrate (quality): 192256320.
Cherry Red, Confessin' the Blues. 24. I Really Don't Want To Know, Hello Walls. 25. Shangri-La, Burnin' (Live at Freddie Jetts's Pied Piper Club, . Original Album Series. Rock, Rhythm and Blues, Soul.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||I'm Gettin' 'Long Alright
Written-By – Bobby Sharp, Charles Singleton
Written-By – Cecil Gant, Raymond Leveen
|A3||Confessin' The Blues
Written-By – Jay McShann, Walter Brown
|A4||Romance In The Dark
Written-By – Lil Green
|A5||C. C. Rider
Written-By – Chuck Willis
Written-By – Bill Lazarus*, Jack Moon
|A7||In The Evenin'
Written-By – Don Raye, Leroy Carr
|B1||I Love Paris
Written-By – Cole Porter
|B2||It Could Happen To You
Written-By – Johnny Burke-Jimmy Van Heusen*
|B3||Bye Bye Blackbird
Written-By – Mort Dixon, Ray Henderson
|B4||A. Blow Top Blues / B. Jelly Jelly Blues / C. Long John Blues
Written-By [A] – Jane Feather, Leonard FeatherWritten-By [B] – Billy Eckstine, Earl HinesWritten-By [C] – Tommy George
- Alto Saxophone – Gabriel Baltazar* (tracks: A1 to A7), Sonny Criss (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Arranged By – Onzy Matthews
- Baritone Saxophone – Jay Migliori (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Bass – Chuck Rainey (tracks: B1 to B4), Ike Isaacs (tracks: B1 to B4), Victor Venegas (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Drums – Charles Grant (tracks: A1 to A7), Donald Bailey (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Engineer [Mastering] – George Piros
- Engineer [Recording] – Jimmy Lockhart
- Engineer [Remix] – Ilhan Mimaroglu
- Guitar – François Vaz (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Piano – Jack Wilson (tracks: B1 to B4), Rodgers Grant (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Producer – King Curtis (tracks: B1 to B4), Nesuhi Ertegun (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Tenor Saxophone – Ira Schulman (tracks: A1 to A7), Louis Ciotti (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Trombone – Louis Blackburn* (tracks: A1 to A7), Peter Myers* (tracks: A1 to A7), Richard Leith (tracks: A1 to A7), Ronald Myers* (tracks: A1 to A7)
- Trumpet – Bill Clark (tracks: A1 to A7), Robert Rolfe* (tracks: A1 to A7), James Smith (tracks: A1 to A7), Melvin Moore (tracks: A1 to A7)
|SD 1680||Esther Phillips||Confessin' The Blues (LP, Album, RI)||Atlantic||SD 1680||US||1976|
|7 90670-2, 90670-2||Esther Phillips||Confessin' The Blues (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic Jazz, Atlantic Jazz||7 90670-2, 90670-2||US||Unknown|
|TP 1680||Esther Phillips||Confessin' The Blues (8-Trk, Album, Pin)||Atlantic||TP 1680||US||1976|
|WPCR-27196||Esther Phillips||Confessin' The Blues (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Atlantic||WPCR-27196||Japan||2012|
|W 50222||Esther Phillips||Confessin' The Blues (LP, Album)||Atlantic||W 50222||Italy||1976|